Thursday Night Football
Patriots @ Bucs
- Wow, an exciting Thursday night game. This has all the makings of a shoot out. The Patriots defense has been abysmal and the Bucs’ defense is banged up. The Patriots are coming off a loss, but it’s a short-week travel for them — The Bucs have no excuse. This is a game they win if they’re going to be contenders for real this year.
Sunday 1 p.m.
Panthers @ Lions
- This is by far the best 1 p.m. game Sunday for what looks like a pretty awful slate. Both teams are 3-1, but Cam Newton has been so inconsistent. It’s tough to trust him against a solid defense. Regardless, both of these quarterbacks/teams are exciting, and this should be a fun game to watch.
Chargers @ Giants
- The battle for 0-5. This game is going to be electric. Both teams have devastating losses on their resume already this year and neither have been able to buy a win. Also, we’ll be sure to hear a ton about Philip Rivers and Eli Manning’s draft year. I’m excited to see who blows this game and how.
4 p.m. Games
Seahawks @ Rams
- Through four weeks, the Rams look like they have a legitimate shot at winning the NFC West. This game, of course, is big toward those chances. The Rams can create some separation with a win. Their crowd should be fired up and it’ll have a playoff feel to it.
Packers @ Cowboys
- It seems like Dallas plays Green Bay every single year, and the games have been great recently. The Cowboys are struggling and could really use a win, but the Packers have 10 days of rest and Rodgers gets to pick on a banged up defense that features a very young secondary. It’ll be the featured game regardless, and hopefully it lives up to the hype it’ll get.