The NFL Week 2 slate was better than Week 1 by default, but we’re still waiting for an electric day filled with big numbers and close games. Hopefully we get something that’s close this Sunday. Here are the best games to watch:
Saints @ Panthers
- These rivalry games are usually pretty good and high-scoring. The Panthers are 2-0, but haven’t been impressive in either win. The 0-2 Saints have lost both games by significant margins, but played @ Minnesota and home against the angry Patriots; this is a much better matchup for them to get back on track before it’s too late.
Bucs @ Vikings
- The Vikings looked great in Week 1, but the buzz was quickly killed when Sam Bradford missed Week 2 with a knee injury. If he’s back, this Week 3 matchup will definitely be intriguing. I’m looking forward to seeing how legit the Bucs are; Minnesota is a tough place to play.
Giants @ Eagles
- This is a huge game for the 0-2 Giants; they can’t afford to go 0-3 to start the season (0-2 in division). It’s tough to envision a way the Giants win — their offensive line against Philly’s front four is a total mismatch. But Carson Wentz has a habit of letting some throws get away from him. If the Giants can get an early turnover and some points, it could be another NFC East classic.
Falcons @ Lions
- This is going to be a fun game that should help create some clarity in the NFC. Plus, it’s the only matchup of the week that features two undefeated teams.
Chiefs @ Chargers
- Similar to Eagles/Giants, the 0-2 Chargers need to get on the board against a division foe before it’s too late. They’ve lost both of their two games by a combined 4 points, which is the same sad story from last year. It’s going to be tough to get back on track against the 2-0 Chiefs, who’ve looked great to start this season.