I went 5-2 last week, but slept on the Panthers big time. They’re a good team and Cam Newton is truly playing at an elite level. I’m interested to see if they can do it in primetime this Sunday night. So much that I’ll start there.
Three games that interest me:
Philadelphia Eagles @ Carolina Panthers – Sunday Night Football
- I want to ‘grow a pair’ and choose the Eagles on the road here, but how could I? Bradford looks terrible and Newton looks great.
- Panthers at home.
New York Jets @ New England Patriots – 1:00 p.m.
- This should be a great game. The Jets defense, especially front 4, is going to cause havoc for the Patriots banged up front.
- But, Brady and Belichick are geniuses.
- Patriots at home.
Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants – 4:25 p.m.
- The Cowboys desperately need this game, but after the Giants’ debacle on Monday Night Football, I think they need this game too.
- Dallas has had NY’s number for a couple seasons now, and I think it continues.
- Cowboys on the road.
Baltimore Ravens @ Arizona Cardinals – Monday Night Football
- Cardinals coming off a rare loss, at home against a brutal Ravens team.
- Cardinals big.
Houston Texans @ Miami Dolphins – 1:00 p.m.
- The Dolphins looked great last week under a new head coach, and I think this is a perfect follow up for them.
- Fins at home.
Atlanta Falcons @ Tennessee Titans – 1:00 p.m.
- I switched back and forth between a few games for my third “lock” of the week, but felt this was the safest choice. It could be a close game, but I like Atlanta to bounce back on 10-day rest and take care of business on the road.