I went 5-2 last week and got away with a few close games that went my way late. This is usually my least favorite week in the NFL (Cowboys Bye), but with how things are going, I am excited to watch a stress-free NFL Sunday without being devastated watching a backup QB ruin the Cowboy’s playoff hopes.
Last week I added an “upset game,” but since I don’t see any appealing “upset” picks, I’ll add a game of the week.
Three games that interest me:
Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks – 4:05 p.m.
- Panthers are 4-0 and coming off a BYE, and Seattle is coming off a devastating loss to the Bengals.
- I’m going with the Seahawks because they need a win to stay around in one of the NFL’s toughest divisions, they’re home and the Panthers are due for a loss.
New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles – Monday Night Football
- This is a toss up, as NFC East games usually are.
- I’ll take the Eagles at home because they desperately need a win to convince people that Chip Kelly is still a good coach and this team is still playoff bound.
- Plus, it wouldn’t make sense or be any fun if an NFC East team (Giants) started pulling away with the division.
Chicago Bears @ Detroit Lions – 1:00 p.m.
- While you wouldn’t expect this to be a game that “interests” me, it actually does.
- Besides the fact that it’s a division game, the Bears have a chance to jump back to .500 after starting 0-3. That’s pretty interesting.
- Bears on the road.
San Diego Chargers @ Green Bay Packers – 4:25 p.m.
- The Chargers have been brutal and their offensive line is all sorts of banged up.
- Packers at home big.
Washington Redskins @ New York Jets – 1:00 p.m.
- Jets are coming off a BYE, and have one of their most dominant pass rushers coming back.
- Jets improve to 4-1 in arguably the NFL’s best division.
Kansas City Chiefs @ Minnesota Vikings – 1:00 p.m.
- Chiefs are now without their best player for the year (Jamaal Charles), and the Vikings are coming off a BYE week.
- Vikings at home.
Game of the week:
New England Patriots @ Indianapolis Colts – Sunday Night Football
- This could have been an “upset game,” but I don’t see the Colts slowing down Brady and the Pats.
- *insert deflategate joke*
- Patriots on the road to stay undefeated.