Week 1 in the NFL was pretty surprising to me. I went 8-7 in predictions and I plan on ignoring the week 1 hype as it usually never looks the same the week after.
New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills – 1:00 p.m.
- The first AFC East matchup of the year should be good; Both teams are 1-0 and the hype surrounding the Bills seems to be legit.
- The Bills 330 lb defensive monster Marcell Dareus is back this week, which should aid the Bills already-stout defense. The pass rush wasn’t outstanding last week and they still held Andrew Luck to 14 points… and it came in garbage time.
- I’m riding with the Bills at home.
Tennessee Titans @ Cleveland Browns – 1:00 p.m.
- The Titans are coming off a dominate win where rookie QB Marcus Mariota looked good and the defense was strong under new Assistant Coach/Defensive Coordinator Dick LeBeau.
- Cleveland is going with Johnny Manziel and it’ll be interesting to see how he does with a full week of preparation as the starting QB.
- I’ll take the Titans.
Houston Texans @ Carolina Panthers – 1:00 p.m.
- The Texans are already making a QB change and that’s never a good sign in week 2.
- The only hope is JJ Watt destroying the Texans’ offensive line, and I still don’t think it will be enough.
Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears – 1:00 p.m.
- The Cardinals snuck by the Saints last week at home and I expect them to do the same in Chicago.
- The offense is good enough to put up enough points for their defense to secure a win. Jay Cutler is always generous to the opposing team.
- Cardinals, but close
San Diego Chargers @ Cincinnati Bengals – 1:00 p.m.
- This should be a really good game.
- The Bengals dominated the Raiders last week but the Chargers should be a different story. I expect them to be able to move the ball unlike the Raiders did.
- I’m leaning toward the Bengals strictly because they are home, but won’t be surprised if the Chargers steal one in a shootout.
Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings – 1:00 p.m.
- The Vikings were a huge disappointment in week 1, but I do think they will bounce back this season. Just not in week 1.
- I am probably crazy for it, but I like the Lions this year. Something’s gotta give. I’ll take them on the road this week and I expect a big day for Megatron.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints – 1:00 p.m.
- The Bucs are another team that disappointed in week 1, and I think they will bounce back this year too.
- But like the Vikings, it won’t be this week. Not against Brees at home.
Atlanta Falcons @ New York Giants – 1:00 p.m.
- The Giants desperately need this win, but I don’t feel comfortable choosing them after last week’s debacle.
- The Falcons should be able to move the ball pretty much at will. For me it comes down to the Giants’ offense.
- Really tough game to call, but I think the Giants bounce back and Odell has a huge game.
- Giants in a shootout
San Fransisco 49ers @ Pittsburg Steelers – 1:00 p.m.
- The niners surprised everyone Monday night with a win over the Vikings, and I am not so sure they won’t have success against this Steelers’ weak defense.
- I’m going to go with the Steelers at home, but I’m banking on the niners’ week 1 success being a result of the Vikings poor play.
St. Louis Rams @ Washington Redskins – 1:00 p.m.
- I don’t think the Redskins are as bad as everyone thinks, but I am 100% on the Rams bandwagon.
- Their defense is really, really good and I think Cousins will throw at least 1 or 2 INTs.
- Rams on the road.
Baltimore Ravens @ Oakland Raiders – 4:05 p.m.
- The Ravens are too good to fall 0-2 on the year.
- Ravens on the road.
Miami Dolphins @ Jacksonville Jaguars – 4:05 p.m.
- The Dolphins underachieved in their opener against the Redskins, but a win is a win and they will move on from it.
- The Jags are another team I like this year to be better than previous years, but I think the Dolphins will prove to be too much.
- Fins on the road.
Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles – 4:25 p.m.
- It’s going to be interesting to see a new look Cowboys’ offense without Dez Bryant.
- More interesting, of course, is ex-Cowboys running back Demarco Murray facing off against his former team. Everybody knows he’s out for blood, but I think the Cowboys defense is coming into this game with the same attitude.
- I like Dallas on the road, with big help from their defense.
Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers – 8:30 p.m.
- This should be another great game, and another example of why Seattle needs to pay their safety.
- It’s tough to predict the Hawks going 0-2, but I think the Packers pull off the win at home.
New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts – Monday Night Football 8:30 p.m.
- The Jets were impressive in week 1 and the Colts were just the opposite.
- I am tempted to choose the Jets on the road here, but my head will not allow me to choose both the Seahawks and Colts starting the year 0-2.
- I’ll take the Colts at home in a bounce back win.